The Department is the engine room and the think tank for the Ministry, coordinating all its activities for efficient and effective realization of its key mandates in the Industry, Trade and Investment sectors of the economy. FUNCTIONS
- Coordinating and designing of the annual work plan and programme of the Ministry.
- Undertaking and conducting of research into all areas of Industry, Trade and Investment.
- Coordinating Boards of Parastatals and other Boards the Ministry is represented on;
- Coordination the National Council on Industry, Trade and Investment (NCITI).
- Monitoring and Evaluation of capital projects of the Ministry and it’s Parastatals.
- Coordinates Bilateral and Multilateral meetings.
- Coordinates the meetings of the Honorable Minister(s) with the Permanent Secretary, Directors and CEOs of Parastatals.
- Liaises with the Ministry of Budget and National Planning, prepares the capital Budget of the Ministry in Conjunction with the Budget arm of the Finance and Accounts Department.
- Prepares the Ministerial Score Card.
- Publication of statutory publications, including Annual Reports, ministerial Press Briefings, etc.
- Overseeing data management; including collating, computing and updating of technical and industrial data;
- Handles all Computer and networking matters;
- Managing the website and e-mail box of the Ministry;
- Maintaining the sanctity and integrity of information resources that emanate from the Ministry and catering to the Information needs of the Ministry;
- Coordinate African Regional Center for Engineering Design & Manufacturing (ARCEDEM)
- Any other related matters.