- Registration of all matters relating to new Inventions, Innovations, Utility Models, Business Methods, Creativity, Branding, Aesthetics and ornamental appearance of products.
- To administer Patents and Designs Act Cap P.2, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004. (formerly Cap 344 Laws of Federation of Nigeria 1990)
- Incorporate relevant Treaties and Conventions that relate to Intellectual property to stimulate or enhance industrialization and economic growth of the Nation.
- To generate and sustain an investor friendly climate through the protection of industrial property rights
- To empower and motivate our staff to set world standards in industrial property through efficiency and transparency in service delivery that will culminate into a dynamic global patents and industrial designs systems.
To Administer, Promote, Advance and Shape public policies on Industrial and Intellectual Property Rights as a factor of contemporary commerce.
- IPAS FRONT OFFICE (RECEIVES MANUAL APPLICATIONS)
- PATENTS OFFICE
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS OFFICE
- UTILITY MODEL/BUSINESS METHOD
- LITIGATION AND OPPOSITION / TISC OFFICE
- ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE