FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
FEDEDRAL MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY, TRADE AND INVESTMENT
OLD FEDERAL SECRETARIAT, AREA 1, GARKI ABUJA.
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION/EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EoI) FOR WORKS, GOODS AND CONSULTANCY SERVICES
The Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment (FMITI) is saddled with the responsibility to formulate and implement policies and programs to attract investment, boost industrialization, increase trade, export and develop enterprises, having secured some funds in the 2022 Appropriation, intends to implement some Capital Projects through the procurement of Works, Goods and Services/Programmes in line with the Ministry’s mandate.
The Ministry, in pursuant of her mandate and in compliance with the Public Procurement Act (PPA), 2007, hereby invites experience and competent contractors, Suppliers, Consultants and Service Providers to submit pre-qualification document for any of the listed projects/services.
2.0 SCOPE OF WORKS/ASSIGNMENTS
Details of the Scope of Works/Assignments are contained in the Bid Documents. Bidders are therefore, requested to submit their respective Technical/EoI documents for the categories chosen on the basis of the specific requirements for each project as categorized and specified in this publication and in the Bid Documents to be issued. The projects are listed in the tables below:
CATEGORY A: WORKS
|1||Lot WK1/22: Upgrading and Rehabilitation of Budget Resource Centre|
|2||Lot WK2/22: Construction of Agro-Processing Zones|
CATEGORY B: GOODS
|1||Lot GD1/22 :Automation and Digitization of Trade Certification processes for issuance of licenses and Permit|
|2||Lot GD2/22: Procurement OF 5,000 Litres Customized Mobile Prover Tank For The Verification Of Tank Farm, Oil Depot and Jetties|
|3||Lot GD3/22: Completion on Automation of FPIS operations for export quality certification|
|4||Lot GD4/22: Purchase of two (2) Utility Vehicles to boost FPIS operations|
|5||Lot GD5/22: Procurement of grain quality Analyser high performance liquid chromatograph (HPLC) Atomic absorption Spectrophotometer (AAS) etc.|
|6||Lot GD6/22: Procurement of sanitizers and other Covid-19 preventive gears|
|7||Lot GD7/22: Procurement of three 4×4 Pick Up vehicles|
|8||Lot GD8/22: Digitization of revenue process for improved revenue generation|
|9||Lot GD9/22: Procurement of machinery and equipment for Agro- processing zones in three (3) geo-political zones:|
|10||Lot GD10/22: Development Of Virtual MSME One Stop Shop (Procurement of software)|
|11||Lot GD11/22: Implementation of African Continental Free trade Agreement (AfCFTA) – NAC Secretariat (Procurement of SUV Vehicle)|
|12||Lot GD12/22: Provision of Modern Training Equipment Infrastructure at Visual Art Centre in Raffia Art and Craft Cultural Export Processing Zone Ikot Inyang, Akwa Ibom State|
CATEGORY C: CONSULTANCY SERVICES
|1||Lot C1/22: Training of MSME in the production of sanitizers and other Covid-19 materials|
|2||Lot C2/22: Assessment of all Assets/Liabilities and Assets Registry for Inventory management|
|3||Lot C3/22: Campaign and road shows on promotion of made-in-Nigeria products|
|4||Lot C4/22: Implementation of Agro-Commodities Export Development Strategy for non-oil Commodity sub-sectors|
|5||Lot C5/22: Development of New Commodity Priority Products for International Market|
|6||Lot C6/22: Strategic development on the use of irrigation and support for small scale Agro Farmers in boosting production|
|7||Lot C7/22: Creation of Health Industrial Corporation of Nigeria (HICON)|
|8||Lot C8/22: Industrial Policy Reforms and Enabling Environment|
|9||Lot C9/22: Implementation of Performance Management System (IPMS) and Enterprise Content Management (ECM)|
|10||Lot C10/22: Implementation of African Continental Free trade Agreement (AfCFTA) – NAC Secretariat|
|11||Lot C11/22: Training and Empowerment in Cyber Security/Web Development/Artisanal skills in Mushin 1 Federal Constituency, Lagos|
3.0 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2022; with minimum average annual turnover of (Nxxx) million;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder’s annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- that no Director has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter;
- that the Company is not in receivership, the subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years – 2019, 2020 & 2021, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS);
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease Agreement and Warehouse required for the successful execution of these contracts;
- Services: Evidence of Firm’s registration with relevant regulatory professional body(ies) such as Centre for Management Development’s accreditation for Training, NITDA/CPN/Information Technology, COREN/QSRBN/ARCON /CORBON/SURCON/Construction;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner)
- For bidders of the projects in the Niger Delta Area and the North Eastern Geopolitical Zone, it is required that they present a formal undertaking that they are capable of working in the area;
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
All enquiries are to be directed to:
Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment (FMITI), Old Federal Secretariat, Area 1, Garki, Abuja.
Call: 08064055824, 08059141161.
6.0 METHOD OF SUBMISSION
- Bids must be prepared in English Language and signed by the official authorized by the bidder.
- Three copies of Expression of Interest (EoI) must be submitted on or before 12:00noon Monday, 19th September, 2022 and immediately opened at Block G Conference Room, Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment. Late submission will be returned un-opened.
- Bids are to be submitted in the Procurement Department FMITI, Room 112 Block G, Ground Floor, Old Federal Secretariat, Area 1, Graki, Abuja.
7.0 OPENING OF BIDS
- Bid Documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 3rd October, 2022, at Block G Conference Room, Federal Ministry of Industry ,Trade and Investment.
- ONLY technical shortlisted bidders will be invited for collection of Financial bids and Request for Proposals.
- Companies or their representatives, Civil Societies, NGOs, Professional Bodies and members of the public are by this notice, invited to witness the bids opening exercises.
8.0 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- the Ministry shall verify any or all the claims made by applicants and shall disqualify any company whose claims are found to be false in addition to other sanctions that may be deemed necessary;
- bidders who have history of poor performance, abandonment, termination and/or prolonged contract execution period need not apply as their bids may be excluded from the process in line with Section 16(8)(b) of the PPA, 2007;
- all costs incurred in responding to this advertisement shall be borne solely by the Bidders;
- none compliance to any of the above instructions will lead to disqualification; and
- this advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Ministry to award contract to any bidder;
- Attendees at the bid openings shall be required to wash hands, use hand sanitiser, wear mask and observe physical distancing. The Bids will be opened in the presence of CSOs and Professional bodies and covered by video recording; invitation link will be sent to bidders who chooses to join the bid opening online;
- Goods & Works: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened;
- Services: Only shortlisted Consultants will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
- The Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.