- Chemical division: salts, alum, caustic soda, hazardous chemicals, insecticides, herbicides and pesticides.
- Petrochemical division: fertilizers, plastics, paints, inks, pigments/dyes, base petrochemicals, flexible packaging, methanol, ethanol, lubricants and gases.
- Pharmaceuticals division: medicines/drugs, vaccines, medical devices, cosmetics, soaps, detergents, toiletries, diapers, wipes, sanitary pads, napkins and oral hygiene.
The Functions/Activities of the Department include:
- Initiating, formulating, developing and implementing industrial policies;
- National industrial planning and road map;
iii. Industrial coordination and cooperation with African countries and other countries of the world;
- Protection, promotion, establishment, development, and expansion of industries;
- Initiating and facilitating incentives, concessions and waivers for industrial development;
- Industrial trainings;
vii. Initiating and implementing aids to industries.
viii. To raise appraisal for the Chemical, Petrochemical and Pharmaceutical industries;
- Provision of industrial technical consultancy;
- Industrial technical data collation, collection, analysis and storage;
- Coordination and inter-governmental cooperation on industrial development matters;
xii. Supervision of implementing Agencies such as OGFZA, NIPC, SMEDAN, ITF, BOI, SON etc;
xiii. Relations with national and international organizations such as MAN, NASME, NASSI, UNIDO, USP, USAID, UKAID, OPCW, WASME, WHO, IAEA, etc.
- Capacity building on the standardization of process recycling petrochemical products (plastic waste and used lubricant oil).
- Training on supporting small business on Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices sector.